I have been shooting professionally for over 23 years... (wow, i don't feel that old). My style has progressed and changed constantly and I am always looking for the next 'new' thing. It's especially exciting when my models bring unique ideas and outfits to our photo shoot. There are no boundaries... whatever the limitations may be in real life, we can extend in the realm of digital design. A photo shoot is a great place to try new looks and explore concepts that you have seen or imagined.
A creative shoot is interactive. You will get out exactly what you put in. Photo shoots are work, but they are also fun. Most of the models in my portfolio are 'amateur' and even first timers. You can expect to have the same quality of images. I know all of these girls look like super models, but believe me they came in looking like 'the girl next door'.
Our makeup artist is exceptional and ultimately your first impression of BWP. She will work with you to creating anything from a natural daytime to a glamorous evening look. This is a great time to explore a new look by a seasoned professional. The photo shoot does not start until you are 100% happy with your look.
What will you get ?
The packages have varied options but here are some of the basics
- A welcome Latte, coffee or juice
- 1.5 - 2 hr makeup/ hair styling session
- A personalized DVD and case with retouched images ( Packages vary from 100 - 250 images)
- Multiple looks - I will help choose outfits and create sets suited to them.
- Direction - lots and lots of direction... Of course some of you won`t need it.
- A photo shoot lasting up to 7 hours... The shoot does not end till we get 'our shot'.
Why me ? There is cheaper out there !
Today the market is saturated with 'photographers'. Since the drop in price with digital cameras, many amateurs have stepped in and started shooting. How do you differentiate 'man with camera' vs 'Professional photographer'? Thats a tough question for someone un-acquainted with photography.
I like to think my work speaks for itself, but here are a few other details:
- Just about anyone can turn out a great pic with a decent model and quality retoucher, the difference at BWP is that you will love your images 'BEFORE' they are retouched. I do not rely on fixing work after the fact, I like to create quality work from the start.
- BWP has been in business and incorporated for over 20 years... that speaks for itself.
- Your confidentiality is safe. Photographers out there these days do not seem to respect this simple but important detail.
- All work is archived on THREE raid array backups as well as DVD... If you ever lose your images we will be able to provide a backup.
- Photography equipment is all kept current and top of the line. I like to think quality in = quality out.
- All master retouching is done in-house by me. This also keeps the confidentiality of your images intact - no emailing images to India for cheap retouching (this is avery common practice, ask your photographer)
- Studio 31 is one of Vancouver's most stylized 'boutique' studios and solely owned. Rain or shine we are able to shoot in a fabulous comfortable secure location.
- I guarantee my work! BWP has not advertised for over 20 years, that is because all business comes in from work of mouth. It is very important to me that you had a great experience and love your images. I will do my utmost to make this happen.
This package is the ultimate portfolio builder. Your Day begins with professional hair and makeup done at the studio. The elite portfolio gives you a higher ratio of shots during the session giving more choices for the final sort. All sets will be tailored to your outfits. Multiple looks could range from bikini, high fashion, casual dress or creative styling… you are also welcome to bring props.
This popular package will enhance your portfolio. Your Day begins with professional hair and makeup done at the studio. This package includes a custom background for head shots stylized to your look followed by 'high key' images against the 'infinity wall' (white set). Other sets will be custom designed around your outfits… If the weather is nice we can even go on location. Multiple looks could range from bikini, high fashion, casual dress or creative styling… you are also welcome to bring props.
This is a great introduction to Studio photography and Bryan Ward. Your Day begins with professional hair and makeup done at the studio. This 'fixed' concept shoot includes a custom background for head shots stylized to your look followed by 'high key' images against the 'infinity wall' (white set). Multiple looks could range from bikini, high fashion, casual dress or creative styling… you are also welcome to bring props.
In this mini session you come with your makeup done and we do a few looks in a seamless white environment. You will look amazing in this set under flawless glamour lighting. As the background is completely neutral, any look will work. You will get approximately 100 images with the same light skin retouching as the larger packages. This is a great introduction to Bryan and the studio.